How To Smoke a Steak Like a Pitmaster
Everyone loves a good steak!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 4 well marbled steaks cut to at least 1 inch thick ( preferably a NY steak, Ribeye, Fillet, T-Bone or Porterhouse). The fat in the well marbled cuts helps prevent drying out.
- Seasoning of your choice. We prefer our house rub, Big Poppas Double Secret, or Loot and Booty Whats Your Beef. (season to taste)
- Fire up your smoker atleast 30 minutes before you plan on cooking the steaks so that it has time to get up to temperature. Set the temperature to a low smoking temperature of 170-200⁰
- Season the steaks to taste at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Once the smoker has reached the low smoking temperature place the steaks on the smoker and smoke them for 1 hour.
- After smoking for 1 hour raise the temperature to 375⁰f and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the steak reaches your desired doneness.