5 Star Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
These sandwiches would do our uncle Vinnie proud, if we had an uncle Vinnie that is, it’s as fun to make as it is to eat!
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2lbs boneless beef Ribeye or NY steak.
- Big Poppa’s Cash Cow rub ( season to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 white or sweet yellow onion
- Provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 Snider’s French Hoagie buns
- Have our staff slice the beef fairly thin (8th of an inch or less)
- Lightly season the beef with the Cash Cow rub
- De-seed the peppers and slice them into strips approximately and 8th to a 4th of an inch thick
- Slice the onion into strips approximately and 8th to a 4th of an inch thick
- In a large skillet heat the oil and melt the butter over a medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted sauté the peppers and onions until soft. Once soft remove them from the skillet leaving the oil and butter mix in the pan.
- Add the thinly sliced beef to the skillet, still over a medium heat, and quickly sear each side being careful not to layer the beef, if necessary you may need to cook only a portion at a time so that you don’t risk overcrowding the skillet (should take approximately less than a minute total to cook). The beef will cook very quickly as it is very thin. Pull the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Reintroduce the beef to the skillet in desired proportions per each sandwich and place the provolone cheese on top of each portion so that it’ll melt into the beef (approximately 30 seconds to one minute total).
- Place the beef with the melted cheese on the buns topping each sandwich off with the peppers and onions and serve.