Savoy French Cut Pork Loin
Not only is this roast visually breath-taking, but it’s rich herbal aroma and savory flavour are sure to impress your family and friends.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: approximately 1 ½ hours
- 1 6-rib French cut pork loin (approximately 3-3.5 lbs)
- 1 tbs kosher salt (or to taste)
- ½ tbs coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ½ tbs whole rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1-2 tbs rendered beef tallow (optional substitute with 1 tbs olive oil and 1 tbs butter)
- Preheat your oven to 325° F (the roast should take approximately 30-35 minutes per lb to roast)
- Season the pork loin roast with the kosher salt, black pepper, rosemary, garlic and thyme.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over a medium/high heat on the stove top. Melt the tallow (or oil) in the skillet and sear each side of the pork roast (2-3 minutes per side).
- Once each side has been seared move the roast, while it’s still in the hot skillet, into the oven fat side down.
- Allow the pork loin to roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes then flip it over so the fat side is no longer face down on the bottom of the skillet. (The fat side should have a nice golden-brown sear before flipping it over.
- Leave the pork loin in the oven for another 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until it reaches an internal temp of 145° Once it reaches 145°F pull it out of the oven an allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.