Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Chicken Sandwich
So simple and so delicious it ought to be a crime.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-15 minutes
- 1 whole Sundried Tomato & Basil Chicken Breast from Snider’s. run through the tenderizer once.
- 2 slices of provolone cheese cut in half
- 2 Sourdough hoagie buns from Snider’s
- 1 bottle of your favourite marinara sauce
- 2-3 tbs rendered Beef Tallow or Olive Oil (if your using olive oil also add 1 tbs butter)
- Have one of our staff at Snider’s tenderize the chicken breast once and split the whole breast into two half breasts.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over a medium to a medium/high heat. Add the tallow and allow it to melt and heat up. (Optional: substitute the tallow for 2 tbs olive oil and 1 tbs butter)
- Once the tallow (or oil) has heated up carefully lay the two half chicken breast into the pan and pan fry them until they have reached and internal temp of 145-150ºF. Flip the chicken breast over and top them with the cheese Continue frying them until they have reached an internal temp of 155ºF.
- Once the bottom side has reached the desired color and the chicken has reached its desired doneness remove them from the skillet and place them on the bottom half of the hoagie bun.
- Top each breast with the marinara (to taste) and serve hot!