Welcome to Snider Bros. Blog
The Perfect Double Cut Pork Chops Method
Simple & savory chops with half the mess and twice the flavor!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Brine Time: 4-5 hours
Cook Time: 17-20 minutes
- 2 Double Cut thick cut pork chops (approximately 1 ½ inches thick).
- 2-3 tbs rendered beef tallow (available at Snider’s, can be substituted with 2 tbs olive oil and 1 tbs melted butter).
- 1 container of Snider’s Everything Brine.
- Loot and Booty Everything Rub (to taste, can be substituted with your favorite pork rub).
- 1-2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Mix the brine with 3 cups of cold water and place the chops in the brine. Allow the pork chops to brine for 4-5 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- After the brining is completely remove the pork chops from the brine and pat them dry with a paper towel. Once dry season them and let them rest on the counter.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over a medium heat and melt the tallow (or heat up the oil substitute). Season the oil with the crushed garlic cloves, turning them periodically for 2-3 minutes then remove them from the skillet.
- Once the skillet is hot gently place the pork chops into the skillet and begin to sear them for approximately 1-2 minutes per side.
- After searing the chops move them in the skillet into the oven and roast them for 15 minutes at 400°F turning them periodically until they reach an internal temperature of 138°-140°F
- Once the desired temperature is reached remove them from the oven and allow them to rest for 7-15 minutes.
1 comment on “The Perfect Double Cut Pork Chops Method”