Welcome to Snider Bros. Blog
Beef Rouladen Snider Style
Beef Rouladen is a simple classic German recipe that takes relatively thinly cut slices of beef and wraps them around a combination of ingredients that yield both a sweet and savory result with mouthwatering gravy. Our butchers will happily cut the roulade for you and point out where you can find our ajus as well as some of the other ingredients.
- 8 pieces Top Round steak, cut ¼ inches thick and split in 1/2
- 8 slices Snider’s smoked bacon, chopped
- 8 slices garlic dill pickles or spears
- ½ cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste optional
- Mustard, can be yellow or Dijon style, just enough to spread evenly on the top round steaks
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint Snider’s beef ajus or beef broth
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with and additional 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sour cream (Optional)
- Lay each of the steak pieces flat and evenly spread a thin layer of mustard on top. Evenly divide bacon and onion across each steak, and top it off with a pickle slice then salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll each steak around the other ingredients and secure each one with a toothpick at each end.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter together in the bottom of heavy skillet. Once the Butter is melted and the oil is hot brown the steak rolls on each side in the skillet.
- Add beef ajus, water and tomato paste to skillet with the browned beef and bring to boil then reduce heat to a simmer, cover pan and let simmer until tender about 1 to 1 and ½ hour.
- Remove the steak rolls from the skillet and set them on the side.
- Slowly stir in the cornstarch/water mixture to the contents of the skillet until a gravy consistency is formed. Add 1/3 cup sour cream and stir until evenly mixed. Return rolls to gray mix until they are reheated.
- Serve over egg noodles, mashed potatoes, pasta or rice.
2 comments on “Beef Rouladen”
Thanks for sharing beef rouladen recipe online actually for me never tasty this dish before just want to try it at once make myself with your provide guidelines and hope it will new and tasty experience in my life.
Thanks for checking it out!