Meaty And Zingy Marinara
This spicy twist on a traditional marinara is the perfect way to shake things up!
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package of Snider’s Chorizo or Andouille sausage*
- 2 28 oz cans of San Marzano peeled tomatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tbs parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Par boil the sausages in a pot for 10-15 minutes then pull them out of the pot.
- Remove the sausages from the pot and brown them in a skillet over a medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In a food processor blend the tomatoes, oil and garlic until smooth.
- Move the blended tomatoes, oil and garlic into a pot over a medium heat. Stir in the basil, oregano, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Slice the sausages between a ¼ and a ½ inch thick pieces and stir them into the pot.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 25-35 minutes after you’ve added the sausages, or until it has reached a desired thickness.
* For a milder sauce substitute the sausages for our Hot Italian or Mild Italian sausage